Wang Lang Market covers a huge area on the Thonburi side of the Chao Phraya River and is well known to Bangkokians due its proximity to Siriaj Hospital. The market has its own pier, Wang Lang Pier, so you can take a boat straight there.
The goods on offer here appeal more to locals than visitors, but this also means the vibe is more authentic than you’ll find at the tourist hotspots of Chatuchak or Patpong. You will find plenty of stalls selling clothing, footwear, beauty products, and, as there are two prominent universities close by, an abundance of cheap and fashionable ladies’ clothing for sale. There’s also a warehouse section on the road leading away from the river with 2nd hand clothing piled high. This section is more of a curiosity for most visitors, unless you are in the market for some 20-year-old T-shirts!
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Street Food at Wang Lang Market??
Along with shopping, Wang Lang Market is famous for its street food and local restaurants. This is a real foodies’ destination and probably the reason why most foreigners visit the area. First-timers might be put off, but for fans of genuine Thai food culture, Wang Lang Market is a goldmine.
Stalls with barbecue grills are scattered everywhere, cooking fresh pork skewers, grilled squid, sausages, and grilled chicken. Small shophouses serve yellow noodles with red pork or roast duck. Issan restaurants with the iconic wooden pestle and mortar are banging out spicy som tam, along with larb pork and grilled liver salads. Towards the back end of the market, closest to the hospital, you’ll find steamed corn, sweetened sticky rice grilled in bamboo, and coconut milk jelly sweets.
Wang Lang Market??
- Opening Hours: 06:00-20:00?
- Location: Phran Nok Rd, Riverside (on the Thonburi side of the river).
- How to get there: Take the boat to Wang Lang Pier.??